See more about Upper North Shore Garden on Facebook
I’m Andrew Daley a qualified horticulturist who’s been in business for over 25 years. Throughout that time I’ve had the pleasure of working to maintain and improve some of the north shore's most beautiful gardens. I studied at Ryde School of Horticulture where I graduated in the Certificate Course.
I work as an individual gardener with a traditional approach.
Larger companies can give quick and efficient maintenance to any garden but efficiency also means care for the smaller details like weeding garden beds, watering pots and containers and applying fertilizers to plants and trees to enhance the natural vigor of your garden. This is something often overlooked by other operators, I spend the time and have the interest to attend to these little but no less important aspects of your garden world.
My specialty is the re-working of older gardens, restoring them to their former glory while adding my own unique touches to the overall effect.
UNS Garden is not a quick "snip and blow, clean-up" type of service. My business is designed to apply a full range of horticultural skills more useful to the discerning customer looking for something above the ordinary.
I believe that consistency of care is all-important to achieving results, so fewer appointments over a longer period brings better garden care than many work days bunched up over the short-term with no follow-up afterwards.
The value of consistency rewards the patient customer and gardener alike. These are the people and the gardens I am on the look-out for, perhaps you are one of them.
WHAT I DO IN THE GARDEN.
- Pruning of individual shrubs and trees up to approximately 3.0 metres in height.
- No pruning of large border hedges is provided by UNS Garden
- Weeding, edging mulching and moisture-proofing all beds and rockeries.
- PH soil testing where it maybe beneficial.
- Watering of all garden areas and lawns with "any time" Government Water Board authorisation.
- Fertilizing of all plants, trees and lawns. No lawn mowing service available.
- Consultation and advise on smaller scale replanting and renovating of old planted beds.
- Planting and repotting of small and large verandah and indoor specimens for continued healthy growth.
- Use of power equipment and traditional pruners and secateurs.
- Planting out and care of vegetable gardens and fruit trees
- Grid fertilizing and foliar feeding of larger trees and lawn specimens a specialty